Collection Of Personal Information
Through your interactions with the Platform, Magnetize collects “personal information,” which is information that identifies an individual or relates to an identified individual. Non-personal information means information that does not directly identify an individual. We collect both types of information about you.
The following provides some examples of the type of data that we collect from you:
- Context: Types of Data and Purpose for Collection
- Demographic Information: We may collect personal information from you, such as your age, photo, or location.
- Geo-Location Information: When you use one of our Applications or a badge or device provided by Magnetize, we may collect your location using GPS, Wi-Fi, cellular technology, Radio-frequency identification (RFID), Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacon technology, or other similar location-tracking technologies. Magnetize may capture proximity and duration information for providing personalized products and services, demographic analysis, or behavioral analysis. Such information, and any derived information, may be shared with third parties that have a relationship with Magnetize.
- Email Interconnectivity: If you receive email from us, we may use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our message, click on any links or banners it contains and make purchases.
- Employment: If you apply for a job posting, or become an employee, we may collect personal information necessary to process your application. This may include, among other things, your Social Security Number or tax identification number.
- Feedback/Support: If you provide us feedback or contact us for support we will collect your name and email address and possibly other personal information, as well as any other content that you send to us in order to reply.
- Mobile Devices: We may collect information from your mobile device such as unique identifying information broadcast from your device or hardware and software specifications.
- Third Party Tracking We participate in behavior-based advertising. This means that a third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests. That advertising may appear either on our websites, or on other websites. You can opt-out of receiving advertising based upon your browsing behavior from some network advertising companies by going to the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance websites.
In addition to the information that we collect from you directly, we may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources.
Use Of Personal Information
In addition to the uses described above, Magnetize uses the personal information collected in an effort to improve your experience on the Platform, to provide services to you, and to communicate with you about information that you request. Magnetize may also use personal information to help target specific offers to you and to help Magnetize develop and improve its services. Additionally, Magnetize may use your personal information:
- To identify you when you access and use any Sites or Applications.
- To provide services and content to our clients, which may include your employer.
- To provide you with products and services you request, or that may be of interest to you.
- To improve our services and product offerings.
- To send marketing and promotional materials, including information relating to products, services, sales, or promotions.
- To respond to your inquiries related to support, employment opportunities, or other requests.
- To conduct research and analysis.
- For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationship with you.
Sharing Of Personal Information
- Subsidiaries and Acquisitions: We may share your personal information with our corporate subsidiaries and divisions (e.g., affiliates, parent company, sister companies, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires any Magnetize subsidiary, division, solutions, or our assets, we will also share your personal information with that company.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent: We may ask if you would like us to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy, and we may do so with your consent.
- Service Providers: We may share your personal information with service providers. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our website, plan or facilitate events or travel, conduct surveys, provide technical support, or sending marketing, promotions, and communications related to our business, payment processing, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by law.
Security Of Personal Information
Magnetize has implemented reasonable and appropriate security measures to help protect the personal information Magnetize collects from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Although Magnetize attempts to protect the personal information in its possession, no security system is perfect, and Magnetize cannot promise that your personal information will remain absolutely secure in all circumstances.
Retention Of Personal Information
Magnetize will retain your personal information as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. Magnetize will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with Magnetize’s business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, and enforce our agreements.
Data Integrity And Purpose Limitation
Magnetize limits the use of personal information to ways that are compatible and relevant to the purposes for which the personal information was collected or subsequently authorized or for which consent was obtained. Magnetize will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and current.
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Access to Your Personal Information: If required by law (for example, the EU General Data Protection Regulation), upon request, we will grant reasonable access to the personal information that we hold about a User. All requests must be directed to the contact in the “Communications” section below.
- Revocation of Consent: We rely on the processing of personal information that you have provided. If you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information, then we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity.
- Online Tracking: We do not currently recognize browser signals of tracking preferences, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions.
- California Residents: California residents may be entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for those parties to use for direct marketing. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of such notice, please submit a written request to us using the information in the “Communications” section below.
- European Economic Area Citizens: Where you believe that we have not processed your personal information in accordance with the applicable provisions of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, you may lodge a complaint with the respective EU data protection authority (DPA).
If your question or concern is not satisfied through this process Magnetize has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to JAMS, an independent dispute resolution provider located in the United States. Information about how to file a complaint with JAMS related to our Privacy Shield program can be found at https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield. The services of JAMS are provided at no cost to you. Under certain circumstances, EU individuals may seek redress from the Privacy Shield Panel, a binding arbitration mechanism.
Magnetize commits to cooperate with EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and comply with the advice given by such authorities with regard to human resources data transferred from the EU in the context of the employment relationship. Magnetize has further committed to cooperate with the panel established by the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning human resources data transferred from Switzerland in the context of the employment relationship.
Questions, concerns, or complaints should be directed to our privacy agent as follows:
1 Campbell Plaza, Suite 2A South
Saint Louis MO 63139
If Magnetize is required to contact you about your personal information we may do so by mail, phone, or email.
Effective as of 07/25/23.